SQA MHW Award Podcast – Anna Devitt

Hi everyone,

Today we are launching something new on the blog….. The SQA Mental Health and Wellbeing Podcast.

After the good feedback we received about Anna Devitt’s short presentation at the webinar, we thought it might be good to do something similar to this more often and have a wee informal chat with some people who would like to share their story and experience of the award. It’s an amateur production but it’s something different that we hope you will find helpful.

And where better to start than with a familiar face, Anna herself 😁! I caught up with Anna last week and asked her a few questions about her centre, how they deliver the award and the impact of COVID. You can check this out using the link below:

We’re really keen to get your feedback on this whether it be positive or negative – please let us know what you think in the comments. If anyone would be keen to come on and have a chat please get in touch.

Cheers

Calum

7 Comments

Jenna Ferri

I really enjoyed watching this Calum and found it useful 🙂 I think the work Anna is doing is amazing and would be interested in finding out more about how to be more creative when delivering MHWB within my own setting.

Linda Smith

Great wee podcast really agree with Anna on getting away from writing n writing all the time and using creativity to gain evidence us a great way of assessment and also using observation of young people sounds great.
I would be very interested in using MHWB resources like this for centres I do freelance work with.

Carol Lee

Loved it. Fair cheered up my Friday.

Laura Finlay

Anna’s work sounded very interesting. Would be interested to hear more about the Train the Trainer resources please.

Gaynor hill

I loved this, Anna is like a breath of fresh air. Having worked in a residential SEBD and a large secondary within a pupil support department I can see why Anna’s approach is getting great results. I would love to hear more from her and her approaches.

Calum Reid

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for the great feedback so far. Great to hear that you all found it useful.

Anna has given me her email address – Anna ComedyConfidence directtd@outlook.com – the spaces are required within the email address. She is happy for people to get in touch if they have any questions.

Cheers

catherine Hadshar

Sooo impressed by this. We are hoping to try some of these approaches with groups of parents and I’m fair proud that in Scotland our SQA is able to think out the box, thanks to inspiring, original thinkers like Anna. Woo hoo!